The Chiropractors’ Association of Australia (National) Limited (CAA) is the peak body representing chiropractors.
An underlying principle of chiropractic is “healthy spine, healthier life”. By offering expert drug-free spinal health care and lifestyle advice, chiropractors help Australians lead and maintain healthy lives.
With over 2,700 members, the CAA is the largest chiropractic health body in Australia, and coordinates its efforts with its 8 autonomous CAA state & territory organisations.
Since its inception in 1990, the CAA has sought to regularly keep Australians educated about the importance of maintaining their health.
The CAA has developed numerous programs to raise public awareness, including:
Some facts about chiropractic that may surprise you
- Healthy Spines, a program specifically designed to educate school children about spinal health
- Straighten Up Australia, a 3 minute-a-day exercise program
- National Chiropractic Care Week, each May the CAA dedicates a week to helping Australians improve their health, through better education about health and wellness, as well as practical tools and guides that can enable them to take positive action in maintaining their own health.
Did you know?
- Australian chiropractors study at University in an accredited, 5-year degree program dedicated to chiropractic.
- A chiropractic degree program is of similar length and depth as a medical degree, but focuses on promoting healthier lifestyle via better body function, rather than on drugs and surgery. Its curriculum includes anatomy, physiology, pathology, neurology, biomechanics, x-ray, and spinal adjusting techniques.
- The Council of Australian Governments (COAG) decided in 2008 to establish a single National Registration and Accreditation Scheme (National Scheme) for registered health practitioners. On 1 July 2010, chiropractic became nationally regulated by a corresponding National Board.
- Chiropractic care does not require a referral. As primary healthcare practitioners, a referral to a Chiropractor is not necessary, however more and more GPs are referring their patients to Chiropractors.
- In Australia, over 215,000 patients visit a chiropractor each week i
- Chiropractic is a healthcare option utilised by some of world’s leading sports people, including Tiger Woods, Lance Armstrong, Matthew Mitcham and Andy Roddick. ii
For more information about Just Start Walking Australia
and chiropractic, speak with your Locate a CAA member chiropractor >
Download the App
Connect with us